British Invasion!…………………………………… #England #Maps #MapofEngland #Britain
I am continuing to work on my map series and England is my next offering. Why not the United Kingdom? Seems Scotland is working towards independence so who knows what that map will look like in the near future. So I just chose England as a stand alone. It’s a beautiful shape for an artist to work with and I am pleased with the finished image.
Some fun facts about England:
1. Big Ben does not refer to the clock, but actually the bell.
2. London has been called Londonium, Ludenwic, and Ludenburg in the past.
3. French was the official language for about 300 years
4. The shortest war against England was with Zanzibar in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
5. There is nowhere in Britain that is more than 74.5 miles from the sea.
6. The first telephone directory published in England contained 25 names.
View original post 84 more words